Sunday, January 10, 2010

01/09/2010

Location: McConnell's Mill State Park
Temp: 20 degrees
Weather: Finished snowing, mostly sunny

My wife and I decided to take a walk on the trails between Eckert's Bridge and the Old Mill at McConnell's Mill State Park. The snow finally stopped and I was sure there would be some people who already hit the trail, so the walking should have been pretty easy. It was for the most part, minus a few slippery rocks/slopes.

We parked up above the Old Mill and worked our way down on a trail we never knew about and snapped a few photos.


We started on the harder side of the trail (the side where you need to cross the covered bridge by the Old Mill) and saw a lady taking photos of us across the creek. Well, as soon as she turned around, I snapped one of her.


Then we came up on a huge piece of ice that fell. I'm glad we weren't there when it happened.



Finally, on our way back we came across some of my favorite things in nature. Hemlock trees growing on top of huge rocks. Hemrocks, maybe?


We weren't able to get a picture of a few chickadees that were following us the whole time. The only time they got close enough was when I was coming out of the bathroom. Of course, I don't take the camera in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment