Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hunting 2013 in Pictures

This blog was supposed to be an update about EVERY occurrence of fishing, hunting, outdoors, etc that I've done.  On that front, I've failed.  Miserably.  Doing many other things is a lot more important than updating a web blog, so I figure when I can get to it, I get to it.  Here is my 2013 hunting wrap up.

What a great year!  Got a spring gobbler, took a doe on a shot that ruined almost no meat, and had a ton of fun bird hunting with Rocko.

Took this beauty of a bird on the first day of the spring season.  Can't believe two things: I was done turkey hunting and it wasn't even May yet, and my daughter was excited to see and learn about the bird.

I used to do all my preseason scouting by myself but now I have a buddy that likes to tag-along on cool, late summer mornings.  (Also, go Bucs!)

This is where we hiked to.  A highpoint of Beaver County overlooking the county seat.  Cool spot.  Also, I never tried the panoramic option on my phone.  I like it.

Oliver's eyes are always peeled when we're out.

My new O/U Mossberg Silver Reserve II 20 gauge I got this year.  Really like it, and congrats to Mossberg on making a fine, affordable gun.

First day of grouse (thick cover)

First day of grouse (Beaver pond)

I proclaimed this day as the "Day Rocko Graduated from Pheasant School".  The way he worked birds, went downwind to come upwind to point, set, and let me shoot was unreal.

Perfect conditions were had on a perfect Friday about 5 miles from the Appalachian Front.

"Git on da backadat pickup 'n get a picture with'at fine bird'n dog...what kind'a pigeons ya got there?"

::Post continued to be continued::





No comments:

Post a Comment